Thursday, January 5, 2012

All We Do Is Win.... You ain't seen nothin yet!

"Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice, the coaches who pushed you, the teammates who believe in you, and the fans who cheer for you is the little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back! Play for her..."

AHH! Competition Season is already here??! You've gotta be kidding me! I remember when I first started cheering at Cheerz. Man, I had no idea how brutal that was going to be. And I also had no idea how much it would change my life forever!

I started Cheerz when I was probably 8. When I first started, I was shocked at how close everyone was. If you haven't had the chance to be on a Cheerz team, I dont expect you to understand because those teams are like family. It's practice 24/7 and you learn to love each other! Over time I overcame my shyness. I'm sure all my coaches still remember how shy I was. I was very reserved. My second year I became more outgoing. And by the third, I guess you could say I was a completely different person.
Loved this team so much! So long ago haha!

The girls on my team taught me so much. I grew to love them all like sisters. I know it's hard to believe that a bunch of girls can have such a sisterly bond like that, but at Cheerz we were taught to be a family. Of course, there were bad times.. Very bad times! We would all get frustrated. And yes, there were many fights! But I can't remember a time that I went to practice without laughing. It was a way for me to get away. I remember one thing I LOVED was being able to go on the floor when I was really mad.. And I could just tumble. Everytime hitting the floor I let it all out. Worked like a charm everytime ;) I knew I could go to cheer and be with the girls I trusted because we were a team.
Kelb and Shy! I love them soo much!

The things cheer has taught me is.. actually unbelievable. It is something I would never give up! Cheerz is where it all started for me, but it has gone beyond that. I have created friendships through cheer that I never thought I could, especially in high school. Ha.. I am already getting teary eyed as I'm writing this.. :(





9 days from today, I will be at my very last, first cheer competition as a Woods Cross cheerleader :( It has come WAY too fast. We work all year for a routine that lasts 2 minutes. And let me tell ya, its not easy! Long practices... tumbling, stunting, cheering. Non stop! I can't explain the everyday practices...  It's not only a team sport, but an individual sport. Everyone has to do their part or it just doesnt work. It's a commitment. It's full of expectations and determination. It involves not only your body, but your mind.

There are two things that can happen when it comes to sports teams... The teammates can come together as a team or they can tear each other apart. I have definitely experienced both of these situations. It can be so frustrating when a team doesn't work together, no matter how hard you try! But.. the best feeling is overcoming differences and working together!

This year, as a senior, has definitely been one of my best years so far. The first time our team practiced I knew we would all be close. If it weren't for cheer, I wouldn't have met my best friends.. I wouldn't have learned half of what I have learned in high school. I am so grateful for you all to have such amazing examples in my life. I've grown up with them and it's been such an experience for me. I just want to say to:




Stephy- You're absolutely amazing! In every way. You always motivate me and push me to do my very best. I am so glad that I have become best friends with you! <3 I love you so much babe! And really, you are seriously my idol! I don't know how I would have survived half of high school without you!

And Bec- Haha we ALWAYS have our moments but I hope you know our friendship means the world to me! I hope you don't leave me for college but if you do I know we will always be friends! Haha we will probably be on the phone 24/7 ;) So you might as well just not move to Cali.. Or wherever you end up going and just stay here so we can continue the good times! 

And now Shelb... :( She is the best friend I have ever had! And I mean that in EVERY sense of the word. Shelb is ALWAYS the first person I go to. No matter what. Haha I still remember when I first met her. Yes, we were wearing the same shirt... I had no idea that she would become my best friend! Who would have thought? :) She could not be a better example for me. Honestly though, Shelb. I'm talking to just you right now, and I know you're probably bawling so I don't feel as stupid since I am too.. but no one can understand what we've gone through. No one understand more than you.. and like, through everything you've helped me so much! And I really do.. I absolutely adore you and I think you're amazing! I wouldnt pick anyone else in this world to go through this experience with. Its been more than I could ever ask for! (I know that was long.. but she's probably leaving me when we graduate! And I dont know what I'm gonna do without this girl! Haha.. It's hard to believe only a few short months are left and then its over.)


Then there is the person who makes it all happen, Nichole! She's been my coach all throughout high school and I couldnt ask for better. She sees more in the team than anyone else ever could. There really aren't enough words to describe what she has meant to me. I am sure I speak for all the seniors when I say she has has been by our side through thick and thin. She really has taught us how to be a team and strive for goals, no matter how impossible that may seem. It has been amazing having her as a coach! :)

I know it's not goodbye yet. But with our last, first competition coming up.. it sure seems like it! Every long practice.. comes down to that routine! To all the Woods Cross cheerleaders.. I could go on and on about every single one of you! You are all like sisters to me and I wouldn't have it any other way! Once competitions are over, everything dies down. I never knew that I would grow so close to everyone this year! I know we are gonna KILL it at comp! That's just what we do ;) I love you all! And everything we have worked for is finally here! 5 competitions.. and then it's all over! I can't thank my team enough for the amazing memories and laughs they have given me! I will never. ever. forget how special this team is! My coaches ALWAYS taught me to "leave it all out on the floor with no regrets." That is EXACTLY what I plan to do! Love you all! Let's get it done babess! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment