Saturday, December 31, 2011

Kiss me.. It's midnight somewhere! ;)


…And 2011 comes to an end. Slowly, but surely. I guess it’s a bittersweet feeling for me. It’s another year I have to say goodbye to. And another year to look forward to! This year I have had SO many great memories. As fun as it’s been, it’s also been the most difficult year for me as a person. I think I’ve grown up more as a person this year than I have over my entire life. I’ve learned things that have helped me find who I want to be and quite honestly, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

I gotta say, I don’t know where I would be right now without my best friends. I don’t know where to begin with them. You may have friends that are pretty great, but mine.. Mine are special. One thing I will say is that you gotta choose wisely when it comes to best friends. I got lucky with mine! My best friends… are hyper, successful, dependable, beautiful, funny, intelligent… the list goes on and on. They’re also very blunt, childish at times, impulsive, and sometimes complicated. And I wouldn’t want them any other way.  The very BEST part about my best friends? We put each other first. No matter what. I know that if I’m in trouble, or I need someone that I can call them.

  My friends are the kind that if the house was burning down they would be making smores and hitting on the firemen” .. Honestly, this quote couldn’t describe us more. We just get each other. We know exactly what we’re thinking. And we usually tell it straight like it is which is what I love. We have a friendship that is natural and most people can see that. Believe me when I say, these girls have become more like sisters to me. Sisters that I have always wanted. They’re family to me, and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

This year, was ALL about fun for me! And boy, did I have some fun! J Went on fun vacations. I enjoyed being 17. Luckily, I have a few more months left to enjoy high school, but trust me when I say I have enough memories to last me a life time! I’ve been with guys that are completely wrong for me haha…. I’ve made mistakes... I’ve done stupid things just to get a thrill! Yep... I’ve successfully lived the perfect life of a teenage girl and I have loved every second of it.


Looking back on this year, I have absolutely no regrets! Everything has turned out exactly how it should be and I couldn’t be happier. There have been some pretty bad memories this year (memories that I cannot wait to forget)... But there have been so many good ones! Thinking back, I can only smile at everything that has happened. I’ve grown closer to my parents. I’ve grown friendships that have changed my life. And I’ve found what truly makes me happy. So I guess I can’t ask for more right? J

Sometimes I wonder if I let my parents down.. as their daughter. I hope they aren’t ashamed of who I have turned out to be! Yea, I’ve let them down PLENTY of times, but I hope they know that I try. And that their support means the world to me. They make me want to be better, and they have always taught me that I can be. Now, I’m not a fan of ‘New Year’s Resolution’ because I usually stick to them for about a week... and then I give up hahah! But one thing I am really going to work on this year is to be happy with what I’ve got. I realize sometimes I act like I don’t have anything to lose.  I couldn’t be more wrong about that.

I am the luckiest girl in the world and I wish I remembered that all the time. I have a family who does nothing but support me. I have friends who have made me the girl I am today. And although he isn’t exactly "mine", I have a guy that makes me smile every single day who I really do love... even if he may not know it or even begin to understand how much! And I couldn’t be happier! I don’t let these people know nearly enough how special they are to me. So here is my way of saying thanks to them. For making me happy, and making smile when I need it most! Not very often do you find people who you can be yourself with. I can honestly say that I am the happiest I have EVER been! Maybe I’m lucky? Or maybe I am just now realizing that I have everything I could ever need in life! 2011 may not have been perfect, but I am expecting 2012 to be even better. I look forward to many more memories with the people I love!
I have heard it said that New Year’s Eve is supposed to spent with the most important in your life. Why? Because it’s the start of a new year, and that’s all that matters. So even though New Year’s kisses are GREAT! ;) And celebrating the New Year is amazing… I ‘d like to take a time out, and say to everyone who I didn’t spend my new years with.. That I appreciate you being in my life. Thank you for those of you who have made me laugh and smile all year long! J I hope everyone had a safe, fun New Year’s.. And partied hard, of course! It is the New Year's! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment