Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Everything Changes..

Well, I'm new to this whole blog thing.. so bear with me. I figure I might wanna join the rest of the world and create a blog of my own! We'll see how this turns out..

A little about myself- My name's Chelsea. I'm almost 18 years old. I have a younger brother named Austin who tends to drive me a little crazy sometimes, but I love him anyway! Hah! My parents are probably the best parents I could ask for. I can honestly say I don't know where I would be without them. I never realized how much they meant to me until they went away.. and sometimes, I still forget to remind myself to be grateful they are back home with me.

I'm turning 18 this week which is hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday I was begging my dad to read me princess stories before I went to bed. Everything has kind of snuck up on me and I'm slowly realizing that I'm not a little girl anymore. I have a lot of growing up to do, and to be quite honest I'm not too excited about it. My parents spoil me to no end... and thinking about how I have to be on my own soon kinda scares me :/

I've been filling out college applications and I can't believe how much is changing so fast. There are so many decisions I have to make in the next couple of months. Which makes me wonder if I'm ready for it all? Do I trust myself enough to make the right choices? I've had my parents to rely on my whole life when it comes to decisions and for most of you who know me well, surely you understand that I do not make decisions.. Whether it's what I want to do that day or where I want to go to college!! I'm indecisive about EVERYTHING!! My parents keep telling me I need to make ' the right decision for me' and 'do what I want'.. Seriously? My whole life they have suggestions for me and now they decide to let me choose?!! Haha come on now... My parents have been so supportive of me my whole life. I go to them for pretty much everything. It's so hard to believe that in a few short months I could possibly be going away for college. I'm definitely not ready for that.

My parents have been telling me for a month or so that I'm gonna be 18.. I have a lot of responsibilities as an "adult".. Ha! I'll be considered an adult? Yeah, no thanks. I have mixed emotions about this whole growing up thing. I want nothing more than to be out of high school.. Simply because it's high school, but then again I don't want to leave. I'm not sure I can handle being without my best friends every second of every day. That's when the tears come.. thinking about everything I have to leave behind. Senior year for me has been so fun! But I have definitely noticed a change in everyone. Most people are excited to get outta here and move on with their lives.. and don't get me wrong, I am one of those people but I'm also scared to leave everyone behind. High school is familiar to me and thinking about leaving something so familiar scares me.

This week I've had a lot of time to think about my life. Past, present, future. I guess I like looking back because for some reason I feel like turning 18 will somehow change things.. haha! Just another year right? As I've thought about all the memories I've had with everyone it makes me soo happy knowing I have such amazing people in my life. I only hope they know how grateful I am.

Since this is my first blog post I'd like to tell you a little about my best friends and family. I have the best friends in the whole world! No doubt about it. Shelby Furubuyashi has been a rock for me. I've grown so close to her this year... and I dont know how I'm gonna handle not going to college with her. The thing with Shelb is that she has a way of making anyone happy.. even on your worst days! I know no matter what that she will just be here for me .. It could be 2 in the morning and she would pick up the phone for me (and trust me, she has many times!!) She has been the best friend I could ask for. Along with all my other best friends: Mads, Boo, Katy, and Nat.

Haha us five definitely know how to have a good time. Mads is like my baby sister.. I think we're pretty much twins!! We just get each other. I can't believe last year at this time I hardly knew her. We cheered together, but we werent that close. Somewhere along the line we became best friends and I'm SO glad that we did :) Boo... Hah Bec! She has been here for me ever since the very beginning. Funny thing is, we HATED each other at first. When my parents went to Texas for my dads transplant we came friends.. SLOWLY! At first, it was more of a forced friendship... and we eventually became best friends! Bec and I have been through soo much together and I'm so glad that our friendship has only grown throughout the years. Katy! Haha this girl... she is the most sassy girl you'll ever meet and I'm not joking! I have the best times with her! I've known Katy for a long time, but we became best friends just recently a year or two ago. She has the best advice for me always. The good thing about her is she is ALWAYS straight up with me! I always go to her because she will tell me honestly what she thinks about anything! Katy always has had a way of making me laugh.. I mean, there have been plenty of times I've been mad and she instantly knows how to make tears fall from my eyes from laughing so hard! I am so glad she is one of my best friends! Then there's Nat.. Nat O'leary! HAHAH! When I first met Nat.. we hated each other... such a funny story, but to make it short it was because of a guy (of course)When I came to Woods Cross she didn't like me much, but I was friends with Shelb! I think Nat tried with all her power to not be friends with me hah! Nat and I became best friends Junior year.. The funny thing about us is that we are SO alike! We think the same about everything.. especially guys!! It was so funny to see how much we liked each other. Nat has always been here for me and I know she always will be. My friendship with these four means everything. It's so hard realizing how much can change. I love all the memories I have with them! :)

Now onto my parents. My mom's name is Tammie! She is the most amazing person I've ever met. She truly is my best friend! The thing with my mom and me is that we butt heads.. a lot! Me, being a teenager hasn't helped the sitaution much, but I know at the end of the day my mom is my biggest fan! She is and always will be here for me. As I have grown up it has made me realize how important she is to me. It is sometimes hard, but I love her so much for putting up with me. I know I can be very difficult! The best thing my mom has shown me is love. She loved my dad through one of the hardest times of our life, and her faith was never lost. It was amazing to me see how much she believed that my dad would get through anything. She was just by his side, no matter what doctors said (or anyone for that matter). She didn't care. It made me look up to her so much to see how strong she is.

My dad's name is Eric. I'm his little girl :) Always will be! He spoils me to no end. Growing up, I never realized how important he was. It was natural to have my dad in my life. When I was eight years old, I found out he was sick. I didn't know how bad it was. I was too young. I think that is when I grew the closest to my dad. I took him for granted. When I came into high school my dad got diagnosed again. They had to live down in Texas for months while my dad was getting treatment. I can honestly say that was the hardest time in our lives. Not having my dad here for me my first year of high school was huge. It only made me appreciate him more. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to have my dad here with me today. It is truly a miracle! I love my parents so much and I know that watching me grow up hasn't been easy on them. I know that I will always be their little girl. No matter how old I am.

I love my family and friends. They are truly what makes me happiest. I am so excited to start blogging. I think I will enjoy it :) Love you all! XOXO <3




No comments:

Post a Comment